Saturday, August 14, 2010

Tsujiki Fish Market

One of my colleagues was nearly begging me to take them to the fish market in Tokyo on Saturday morning.  I've been to the fish market perhaps ten times, and to be honest I'm a bit fried on it.  To be a nice guy I opted to take the guy to the market anyway.  I've been fortunate enough to go quite a few times, so I know how to be a decent tour guide.

This was the first time I've visited in the dead of summer, and it was bloody hot and humid.  We hit the market at 5:30AM and by 8AM we were done and settled into a small resturant for "breakfast".  There are lots of outdoor venues to eat at near the market, but my colleage was seeking AC, so we ate inside.  Luckily, he paid!  Anyway, we had lots of sushi and shashimi plus several beers each.  At times it's hard not to like my job!  The fringe benefits can be wonderful.

No comments: