Saturday, August 14, 2010

Frankfurt






I very much enjoy the open plaza's of Europe.  The open spaces just encourage everyone to come out and stroll and visit.  I found this plaza in Frankfurt over the weekend.  There were flower vendors scattered throughout the plaza, and I found myself wishing that I could buy a few to take home with me.









I had lunch one afternoon when I wasn't working and opted to eat what the locals were eating, brats and fries!  The line was long, but, the payoff was great! 
















I had to sneak my camera out to take a picture of the catsup and mustard dispensors.  To extract the catsup/mustard you had to squeeze in the middle, just like a cows udder.  It was very practical, but it amused me very, very much.








There were quite a few butcher shops operating outside the plaza in an area that was reserved for a farmers market.  I'd never seen so many butchers in such a small area.  The the shops were all mobile, and drove away at the end of the day.  I did find myself lusting over all the delicious looking cuts of lamb.  Being a bit of a lamb junkie myself, I loved the low prices and quality cuts they were providing.


No comments: