Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Mid-Summer Update

It’s been an interesting year so far. The earthquake in Japan brought my travels to a screeching halt. Whereas in a normal year I might spend two months in Japan, thus far this year I’ve spent two weeks in Japan. I’m returning to the hive at the end of August, one of the hottest times of the year. We’ll see how it goes.  Anytime that I can avoid Japan in the summer, I avoid it.


Since I’m not traveling so much, I’ve been trying to work on manufacturing my kitchen cabinets. I’m nearly completed with the assembly itself, and Grace is nearly done with the staining/poly, so next we move onto the demolition of the kitchen itself. I’m on a tight timeline, my travel swings back into gear in a few weeks, so I really need to finish now, or wait several months to complete it. I’m heading to Japan, Central America, the East Coast, West Coast and the Middle East w/in the next three months. I’ve never been to Central America, so I’m looking forward to it quite a bit. We’re meeting up with some friends and have rented a house for a week, and then we’re renting our own place for a week on a small island. Should be fun!

No comments: