Monday, January 11, 2010

Time flies...

I'm tired. I had hopes that I would come back to work this year with a renewed sense of energy and excitement. I haven't. I'm just weary and want to do something else. I haven't sold anything in nearly 18 months. I can hear the clock ticking (my career expiration clock) in the background. Tick tock, tick tock.

I prayed for a few years that God would help me find another job, but at the same rate of pay. I think my prayer this year is just that I need to find another job. I suppose I should start looking, but I don't really even know what else I would do if I wasn't in this line of work.

I've been in (night/distance) school now for almost three years. Last term was a complete bust. My father had a stroke so I spent a lot of time dealing with that, and no time dealing with school. For the first time in my adult life I earned a "F" in a college course. I tried to bail out of the course, but wasn't able to since I had missed the dead line.

So all in all, this doesn't look like a very exciting way to start the year.

1 comment:

Chris S said...

Not that this will help you, but I'm doing a study (with a group) of the book of Esther, which is about miracles that happened in ordinary life. The word 'God' is not mentioned in the entire book, but miracles happened none the less. Bible teachers believe this book was put in the Bible to prove that God is in our everyday life and miracles do happen there even if it's harder to see. I needed to hear this as you well know my situation and not being too happy about it. I believe there will be a miracle for you somewhere and somehow. You are a good man Steve...it will happen.