Monday, September 14, 2009

Are you kidding me?!?

Several years ago (http://roadwearybusinessman.blogspot.com/2007/04/training-escapades.html) I wrote about a few of my brand new customers. Last week, all of these customers were laid off by their company. Layoffs aren’t new to the industry this year. Everyone is doing it. What’s different with this layoff is that the customer terminated ALL the employees who know how to use the equipment my company sold them. (Someone is seriously brain dead.)

It’s kind of like terminating all the public bus drivers and then expecting the buses to run on time. Crazy, crazy, crazy. What’s amusing is that the manufacturing company that purchased the equipment from my company wants me to return to their facility and begin training a new batch of engineers. For free.
There is absolutely no chance of that happening. We’ve sent them a quote of about $700 per hour if they would like me to grace them with my presence. Now if they would only pay ME the $700 an hour, life would be much better!

No comments: