Thursday, July 2, 2009

Stealth Dinner shots


There's a real art form to taking good, unobserved, pictures during meal time. I snapped this little baby at dinner one night this week. I was trying to make a choice between this meal, and a different meal that looked (in the menu) like a volcano shaped out of raw meat. I was leaning towards the meat volcano, but decided to ask the server for his input.

Take my really bad Japanese, the servers really bad English, and together it made for a worse combination. I think the server suggested this dish, so I gave it a whirl. I'm getting better at eating noodles and I don't wear them on my glasses or shirts so much anymore, but this meal was a challenge. The sauce thickened up a bit when I mixed in the egg. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 6. It lacked any zip or vigor. I should have gone with the meat volcano. Next time I will.

1 comment:

Noelle said...

where's the stealth shots from the Cracker Barrel?