Wednesday, December 8, 2004

Saitamta sling

So I'm working in Saitama again, and staying in a local hotel. The hotel lobby looks nice, but the rooms are another story. Non-smoking only means that there's no one with a cigarette in hand blowing smoke at this exact moment!






So there's a contraption in my room next to the window. I've never in my life seen anything like this. In the event of a fire, the entire floor should report to my room so that they can be lowered to the ground!



I've developed a favorite hobby in this hotel; I sit in the stairwell late at night and connect to a neighboorhood wireless connection and handle my email. In my room I only have a phone line, with a connection speed of 14400. 2004? How about 1975?!?

My room is on the other side of the hotel and there's no wireless connection over there. Sigh.

No comments: